Safety First: Be Smart When Grilling
- Always start the grill with the lid up.
- Avoid loose clothing and use a mitt to protect your hands.
- Completely thaw meat before grilling and use safe defrosting methods.
- Never grill under a garage, carport, covered porch, overhanging trees or brush, or on top of a wooden deck, near siding or near any area that can catch fire.
- Never use sauce or marinade on cooked meat that has come in contact with raw meat. Likewise, don't use the same utensils or plates for raw and cooked meat.
- This can cause cross-contamination.
- Keep hot food warm until served—use a warming rack on the grill.