March 2009
Ask the Energy Expert

Q: What Federal tax credits and deductions, if any, are available for window and door replacements, insulation additions or upgrades, and any other energy-related projects for homeowners in 2009?
- N.J. Morrison, Stone Mountain

A: Energy efficient home improvements made in 2009 are eligible for a tax credit. And these improvements can add up to extra savings on your taxes and your energy bills. Take a look at some of the available credits:

In most cases, installation costs are not included in the credit. Visit the ENERGY STAR website for additional credits and requirements. You will also find information on tax credits for home builders and deductions for commercial buildings.

Have an energy efficiency related question? Just submit your questions to gasette@waltonemc.com or mail them to:

Walton EMC Natural Gas
Attn: Energy Expert
P.O. Box 260
Monroe, GA 30655

Look for your question to be answered in a future issue of the Gasette or on our website.

Read other articles from The Walton EMC Gasette:
Important Natural Gas Safety Info
What to do if you smell gas; also, call before you dig.