Safety First: Be Smart When Grilling
- Always start the grill with the lid up.
- Avoid loose clothing.
- Use a mitt to protect your hands.
- Completely thaw meat before grilling and use safe defrosting methods.
- Never grill under a garage, carport, covered porch, overhanging trees or brush, or on top of a wooden deck, near siding or near any area that can catch fire.
- Never use sauce or marinade on cooked meat that has come in contact with raw meat. Likewise, don't use the same utensils or plates for raw and cooked meat. This can cause cross-contamination.
- Keep hot food warm until served - use a warming rack on the grill.