Playing it Safe with Natural Gas
Preventing Carbon Monoxide and Fire Hazard Exposure
Natural gas is a clean, efficient fuel that if used correctly can provide a great deal of comfort to your
home. Good maintenance and proper use of all gas appliances prevent health hazards. Also, remember
these natural gas safety tips to keep your family safe:
Read other articles from The Walton EMC Gasette:
Walton EMC Natural Gas Lets You Choose
- Have all gas appliances inspected annually
by a professional.
- Call a professional to complete all appliance
- Never store flammable products near gas
- If a burner flame is large, yellow and erratic,
have it inspected immediately.
- Be sure to keep all appliance intake and
exhaust areas clear of obstructions.
- Find all gas appliance shut-off valves before
the need occurs.