$1.124
VARIABLE
$0.599
FIXED
$0.999
VARIABLE
$0.599
FIXED
News

February 2014



Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colorless, odorless gas that can be deadly.

The highest risks of CO poisoning occur during the winter because we are mostly indoors, warm our automobiles in the garage and more often use heat sources that produce combustion fumes.

To keep your family from harm, please remember these CO safety tips:

  • Install CO detectors on every level of your home and check them regularly.
  • Do not use anything that emits combustion fumes in an enclosed space.
  • Have all your gas appliances inspected by a certified technician.
  • Take your car to a mechanic every year to check the exhaust system for leaks. Carbon monoxide is difficult to detect because it causes symptoms common to other ailments, including headache, dizziness, weakness, nausea, vomiting, chest pain and confusion.
  • If you suspect CO poisoning, leave the area immediately and seek medical attention.
Read other articles from The Walton EMC Gasette:
In the Market for a New Dryer?
Save Time with Automatic Bank Draft
Gas Up the Stove with Pecan Pie Muffins